Tapeware has been replaced!

After all the trouble I went through with Yosemite Tapeware I finally abolished it. Looking around for some scripts around Windows' integrated backup (NTBackup) I found this (German) very good howto (English version here) by Denis Jedig (thanks for the great work, it saved me a couple of hours).

After I had collected the GUIDs for the devices, libraries and other items described it was just a matter of writing some wrapper scripts to manage service stops/starts before and after the backup. First full backup went through without any problems, sent me the expected report via mail and logged everything nicely.

I will now have a closer look at the log files of the incremental backups and behaviour when wrong or empty tapes are inserted as well as when they get full. I will keep you posted, in case anything interesting happens.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SAXParseException: -1:-1: Premature End Of File - Misleading error

Can't start server: Bind on TCP/IP port: No such file or directory

FindBugs - Writing custom detectors (Part 1)